Scroll down for English
2. 以往项目或作品的图片及文字资料 （作品为近5年内创作，不少于10件）
1. 以上资料均以邮件⽅式提交至 ：email@example.com
2. 邮件主题示范：驻地项⽬申请：姓名 + 预计申请时间段
STUDIO GALLERY was founded in Shanghai in early 2017, and now runs two physical spaces covering a total area of 400 square meters. Our gallery space is located on Xingguo Road, Xuhui District, and our residency space is located on Jiangzhi Road, Minhang District. By the end of 2019, we have held 15 exhibitions, 11 OpenStudio events and published 14 issues of ARTIST TALK newspaper.
STUDIO GALLERY is not simply a studio + a gallery. Instead, we reflect upon issues such as "what is art?" and "what is the art market?" through observing the artist's working process and understanding how the public perceives and accepts art. STUDIO GALLERY values the artist's working process, deeply explores and understands the motivation of the artist’s work, and strives to help artists transform values generated from their work into a consensus.
Our Residency space is located on Jiangzhi Road, Minhang Dist, Shanghai. It covers an area of 300 square meters, and can host 2 artists at the same time. As a non-profit space focusing on artist residency, our residency, research and publishing projects are supported by our independently operated gallery space as well as social and public support. We are looking forward to welcoming artists from all over the world to our residency to create new projects. We will carefully document and communicate the process and methods of each artist, as well as the topics generated from it.
- Artist (Independent artist with more than 3-5 years of working experience. Sculpture, photography, installation, painting, etc. No limits on medium.)
- Curator (postgraduate, doctor dgree or graduate. For those who seriously see curators as their future careers)
Each applicant: 10 USD (we will carefully review on each application)
Information to be submitted:
- Detailed resume (including education background and previous exhibition experience)
- Pictures and written materials of previous projects or works (no less than 10 works created in recent 5 years)
- The plan of your residency project (including the expected time period of residence)
- Please attach application fee payment proof in your email
- The above information shall be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject: residency project application+Name + expected residency time and duration
- Due to the network security restrictions, please do not upload the attachment bigger than 100M to avoid data download failure
Generally, a term of an artist residency project is two months, which can be adjusted according to different projects. (We recommend every residency project for each artist stay for 2 months, no less than 1.5 months and no more than 3 months)
We will regularly set up panel discussions for the artist selection. The panel members are consist of art professionals and the residency space founder, as well as gallery founder.
Residency agreement and cost:
For those applicants who have been selected, we will send a confirmation email. In this email, our residency agreement and expense details will be attached. We will start to arrange the residency affairs once we got the signed agreement from these selected artists.
Pay your application fee here:
（Please copy the link above in your browser to complete the payment with Paypal and please save your payment proof)
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let us know
Previous Artists In Residence