Launched by OCAT Shanghai, Amplifier – Media Art Issue by OCAT Shanghai is a Chinese-and-English bilingual e-journal with an academic focus on media art1. This journal is scheduled to be officially launched in 2021. Planned as a bi-yearly publication, each edition will probe into a particular subject in the field of media art. (Please click “Read More” at the end of this article for more information.)
The inaugural issue will feature “Media Art in Asia”. We are now launching an open call for submissions from researchers both in China and from abroad. Subject matters of the submissions include but not limited to:
Research monograph on Media Art in Asia with a focus on a specific region or medium;
Research on exhibition(s);
Research on case studies of artists;
Creative research-oriented writing.
Guidelines for Contributors
1. Article written in English must be an original work and the recommended word count is 3,000 to 5,000 words. If it has already been published, the contributor should authorise OCAT Shanghai to circulate and the permission to translate into Chinese.
The submitted article should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format. Please indicate "Contribution" in the title of your email.
2. The deadline for submission for the first edition is March 14, 2021. We will inform the contributor whether the article is accepted or not within two weeks. If no confirmation or notice for modification is received, the author may proceed with it at will. We guarantee that we would not circulate or use any rejected articles without the author's consent.
3. Once the article is accepted, we will pay remuneration to the author at a rate no less than RMB300 per 1,000 words (pre-tax).
4. If pictures are used in the submitted articles, the author must be responsible for any copyright issues.
5. If you have suggestions on topic selection, are interested in collaborating with us in terms of reference sharing, or require further explanations on unmentioned matters, please contact us through WeChat official account or by email.